Du bist nicht eingeloggt! Möglicherweise kannst du deswegen nicht alles sehen.
  (Noch kein mods.de-Account? / Passwort vergessen?)
Zur Übersichtsseite
Hallo anonymer User.
Bitte logge dich ein
oder registriere dich!
 Moderiert von: Irdorath, statixx, Teh Wizard of Aiz

Thema: pOT-News ( +++ Brechende Neuigkeiten +++ )
« vorherige 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 nächste »
erste ungelesene Seite | letzter Beitrag 
Bombur

AUP Bombur 24.06.2010

Zitat von csde_rats

Warum eigentlich keine Panzer?

So mit 120 mm Gummigeschossen, muss ja less-than-lethal sein...

Ich stelle mir gerade eine Art riesiges Luftgewehr vor, das Baseballs oder Tennisbälle verschießt. peinlich/erstaunt
21.08.2014 20:10:47  Zum letzten Beitrag
[ zitieren ] [ pm ] [ diesen post melden ]
Poliadversum

AUP Poliadversum 30.08.2012

Zitat von M@buse

http://www.faz.net/aktuell/gesellschaft/zeuge-filmte-mit-dem-handy-video-zeigt-toedliche-schuesse-in-saint-louis-13109501.html

Mann mit Waffe geht trotz Aufforderungen anzuhalten auf Polizisten mit gezogenen Schusswaffen zu. What could possibly go wrong.

Absolut gerechtfertigt.
21.08.2014 20:11:18  Zum letzten Beitrag
The_Demon_Duck_of_Doom

the_demon_duck_of_doom

Zitat von csde_rats

Da reicht wahrscheinlich schon eine "Platzpatrone" peinlich/erstaunt
21.08.2014 20:11:58  Zum letzten Beitrag
Lwis

AUP Lwis 20.06.2014

Zitat von csde_rats

Bei konkreten Situationen ist das immer schwierig, aber generell kommen viele andere Polizeien mit viel viel weniger Toten aus. Insbesondere gibt es hier dieses amerikanische ... ja... eigentlich fällt mir da nur Shoot to kill zu ein, es ist ja vollkommen ausgeschlossen, dass man jemanden X mal trifft und das überlebt. In Deutschland wäre da vielleicht auch ein Schuss gefallen, aber eben wahrscheinlich nur einer.

Ich habe zu dem Thema warum die amerikanische Polizei öfters tödliche Gewalt anwendet als beispielsweise die deutsche Polizei mal vor einiger Zeit in einem anderen Forum was geschrieben, traf auf den primär englischsprachigen Usern größtenteils auf Zustimmung.

Ist etwas länger und auf Englisch:

As for the topic, it's one I am very interested in and one that I have thought quite a bit about. I am a police officer in Germany and I have never been to the US in my adult life, so my experiences come entirely from interactions with US citizens in person or online, as well as reading about the topic. This of course means you might want to take my thoughts with a grain of salt. Anyway, here are they are:

Germany and the USA, while on the surface quite similar (both western, christian, wealthy industrial nations), are in fact vastly different culturally.

The USA is a very young nation and it was literally born out of revolution and war. The fight against an oppressive government and oppressive people has shaped and defined your nation and a distrust of government is one of the big pillars of your culture. Additionally the USA, in my opinion, has a somewhat violent and aggressive culture, some might call it a 'Wild West spirit'. I think most US citizens would generally agree with the sentiment that a 'real American' does not take any shit, stands up for himself and would rather take someone's life or give up his own than have someone tread on him or his rights ('My home is my castle', 'From my cold, dead hands').

I have found that American citizens are much more prone to support vigilante justice, even if that 'justice' comes in the form of deadly force. A while ago, I posted an article about a shooting at a courthouse in my city. A man shot and stabbed two people to death who were accused of seriously injuring the man and killing his brother in a rather shady car trafficking deal gone wrong.

I expected most people to react with the same disgust I felt at someone taking the law in his own hands like that. Instead, everyone supported the man and congratulated him on killing those two men.

I feel this comes down to the 'Wild West spirit' I mentioned before, which is also evident in your outrageous prison sentences and insane monetary compensation for suing people.

Case in point, a story about a resist I had some time ago. It gets interesting in the replies, especially here.

I feel like many Americans have a 'If they fuck up, fuck em' attitude. Did you know that the media in Germany are not allowed to show pictures of people arrested or accused of crimes, not even when they have been convicted? They aren't even allowed to print their full names. Why? Because our society feels that even someone who has commited crimes still has a right to privacy. How is someone going to reintegrate into society after their sentence is served if everyone in their city knows they have been arrested?

'If they fuck up, fuck em'. 'If they fuck up, fire em' 'If they fuck up, plaster their picture all over the evening news'. 'If they fuck up, put em in prison for the rest of their life'. 'If they fuck up, sue them for all they got (or more)'.

And of course the US' fascination with guns plays a role in your violent society, but it is not the cause. To say that would be simplify the problem.

The guns only enhance the problem, they exponentiate it. Give a violent society the means to be even more violent and you'll end up with murder rates like in Africa's failed states or South American dictatorships.

Every US cop knows about this culture of violence, they all know about the inherent distrust of the government. They all know that the threat to their life a real one. You join the Academy and suddenly that threat seems even more real. You are more aware of stories like those officers getting shot in the head while eating lunch. You watch the video of Deputy Dinkheller dying a lonely death behind his patrol car because he hesitated instead of shooting. Your brothers are getting killed out there, every week it seems. It could be you, next time.

When I go on patrol, sure I worry about being confronted with a gun. But it's a theoretical fear. I have never even seen a live gun on the streets, even though I work in a city with one of the highest crime rates in this country. I do get confronted with violence, don't get me wrong. I've been threatened with razor blades, knives, bottles. I have been assaulted, I've been injured. I was recently on three weeks of sick leave from an injury I got during a resist.

But I do not have to assume that there is a realistic chance that a good part of the people I'll meet today are armed with firearms and that a part of those are actually willing to kill me to get away.

Another reason for that is the difference in prison sentences. If I was a drug dealer in the US and I had 20 pounds of coke in my trunk when a cop stops me for a broken taillight, I'd seriously calculate my chances of killing him and getting away. There is simply no reason for me to do that in Germany. The prison sentences are laughable here. It's just not worth it. If they arrest me with the coke here, I do two, maybe three years. If I kill a cop, I get 15 years minimum. It's just not worth it. And while I, just as many other officers in Germany, get frustrated with the lax prison sentences, I do realize that they are a big part of what makes my job so safe compared to the US. Almost all of the people that do get shot by the Police in Germany are mentally unstable, hardly any of them are real criminals.

Any US officer grew up in this culture. In Germany, if I was searching for someone who I was told had a gun and I'd find someone matching the description and he started reaching in his waistband, I wouldn't shoot him. I'd wait until I actually saw the gun. Simply because the chance that he actually has a real gun is so, so low. If I was an officer in the US and I had grown up there, that guy'd be dead as soon as he reached.

Another thing is that officers here always ride in pairs, everywhere. If I was in rural bumfuck, Alabama and I had to stop a car in the dead of night in the middle of nowhere, you can bet your ass I'd have my gun out as soon as I left my car.

I do think that our mental healthcare system here is better. Police officers can forcibly commit anyone to a psychiatric facility for 24 hours if they feel he is a threat to himself or others. And free healthcare makes it easy for people to go see a doctor if they feel they have mental problems. Plus if they do lose it, it's much harder for them to get a gun. But of course some of them do slip through the cracks, as I mentioned above, most people who do get shot by the police here are mentally unstable.

And I'm not entirely sure why (it probably has to do with WWII, as does almost anything in the modern German society), but police officers here will do most anything to avoid shooting someone. A few years ago on new years eve, there was a guy trying to commit suicide by cop in my city. He pulled a gun on an officer and yelled that he'd kill her. What did she do? She withdrew behind a car, tried to convince him to put the gun down, fired a warning shot and only when he actually aimed the gun at her did she shoot. One shot, in the leg. And they arrested him alive.

I am not trying to make the officers here look more heroic or the one's in the US look like bloodthirsty killers. It is different societies.

Remember: Everyone is shaped by their enviroment and the culture and society they grow up in. And it's easy to blame the violent and militant US cops for the amount of shootings, but I'm sure most of you American citizens would react exactly the same in their position.

[Dieser Beitrag wurde 1 mal editiert; zum letzten Mal von Lwis am 21.08.2014 23:48]
21.08.2014 20:20:35  Zum letzten Beitrag
Underground Man

AUP Underground Man 30.09.2008

Zitat von Lwis

Text

Sau guter Post. Spiegelt genau meine Erfahrung mit der amerikanischen "Wild West" Kultur wieder. Hast du zufällig den Link zum Forum, wo du das gepostet hast? Mich würde die Antworten interessieren.
21.08.2014 20:50:52  Zum letzten Beitrag
TheRealHawk

AUP TheRealHawk 26.11.2007

Zitat von csde_rats

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUdHIatS36A#t=11m7s
Immerhin Auch super:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUdHIatS36A#t=8m7s
21.08.2014 20:53:32  Zum letzten Beitrag
Lwis

AUP Lwis 20.06.2014

Zitat von Underground Man

Zitat von Lwis

Text

Sau guter Post. Spiegelt genau meine Erfahrung mit der amerikanischen "Wild West" Kultur wieder. Hast du zufällig den Link zum Forum, wo du das gepostet hast? Mich würde die Antworten interessieren.

Ich will da nur ungern meinen Username da preisgeben. Es waren leider eh nicht so viele Antworten, ich kann sie einfach alle kopieren:

There are numerous good points here, well stated.

To relate, in my city in the US there was a guy committed to the hospital involuntarily and it was clearly emphasized to hospital staff that he was a danger to the community.

He was released in less than an hour. He made his way back to the place he was at when he was first contacted and stabbed someone to death.

Our healthcare system and treatment for the mentally is a complete joke. We could prevent so many homicides, suicides and various crimes with better treatment, but no one wants to pay the taxes for it, and everyone is afraid to defund a fraction of our military to fund it.

This is by far the most comprehensive and thoughtful response to American violence I have ever seen. This needs to be a sticky...

"The USA is a very young nation and it was literally born by revolution and war. The fight against an oppressive government and oppressive people has shaped your nation and a distrust of government is one of the big pillars of your culture. Additionally the USA, in my opinion, has a generally violent and aggressive culture, some might call it a 'Wild West spirit'. I think most US citizens would generally agree with the sentiment that a 'real American' does not take any shit, stands up for himself and would rather take someone's life or give up his own than have someone tread on him or his rights ('My home is my castle', 'From my cold, dead hands').

I have found that American citizens are much more prone to support vigilante justice, even if that 'justice' comes in the form of deadly force. A while ago, I posted an article on /r/ProtectAndServe[1] about a shooting at a courthouse in my city. A man shot and stabbed two people to death who were accused of seriously injuring the man and killing his brother in a rather shady car trafficking deal gone wrong."

This is actually a symptom of the existence of a strong but marginalized fascist subculture. One could argue that Germany's history (as it came together as a modern nation) has some eerie parallels (not to Bring Up The War, exactly, but there were some clear parallels, and American and German fascists cross-pollinated their movements). But yes, the NRA freaks do exist, and when they are online they speak as if they are speaking from the centerline of majority culture. They do not, and the rest of the world should take them as the marginal blowhards that they are.

Unfortunately, American vigilante-fascists and American security forces tend to cross-pollinate now the way the Wild West types cross pollinated with eugenicists back in the day. They talk a lot of crap, but since the Civil War they haven't really been ever able fully take over the state, and they've been pushed back, more or less continuously, during every decade. The first amendment seems to have a march on the second, mostly because in the day-to-day world, Real Americans are actually repelled by gun nut fascist assholes, while generally being friendly to free-press absolutists.

I think this is the best piece I have EVER read on explaining the violent culture of the USA. This is better than published literature explaining the issue.

21.08.2014 20:56:12  Zum letzten Beitrag
1-2-3

1-2-3
Glaubst du echt, dass man deinen Post nicht finden wird?, Breites Grinsen
21.08.2014 21:01:47  Zum letzten Beitrag
Lwis

AUP Lwis 20.06.2014

Zitat von 1-2-3

Glaubst du echt, dass man deinen Post nicht finden wird?, Breites Grinsen

Darum geht es nicht, aber ich muss ihn jetzt ja nicht linken. Wenn man unbedingt darauf Wert legt zu suchen, bitte.
21.08.2014 21:07:15  Zum letzten Beitrag
csde_rats

AUP csde_rats 04.09.2021
Der Text ist nicht im Google-Index, bzw. ist nur die Kopie hier im pOT im Google-Index. /e: Ein guter Text, nebenbei.
[Dieser Beitrag wurde 1 mal editiert; zum letzten Mal von csde_rats am 21.08.2014 21:08]
21.08.2014 21:08:45  Zum letzten Beitrag
TheRealHawk

Pfeil
Wir müssen den jetzt auch nicht unbedingt mit allen Mitteln suchen wenn Lwis das offensichtlich nicht möchte. Was ich gut verstehen kann.
[Dieser Beitrag wurde 1 mal editiert; zum letzten Mal von TheRealHawk am 21.08.2014 21:11]
21.08.2014 21:10:44  Zum letzten Beitrag
Xerxes-3.0

AUP Xerxes-3.0 07.09.2008

Zitat von Bombur

Zitat von csde_rats

Ich stelle mir gerade eine Art riesiges Luftgewehr vor, das Baseballs oder Tennisbälle verschießt. peinlich/erstaunt

Denk dir einfach Flummis statt Wolframkugeln:

21.08.2014 21:11:00  Zum letzten Beitrag
[FGS]E-RaZoR

AUP [FGS]E-RaZoR 19.09.2011
verschmitzt lachen

Zitat von TheRealHawk

Wir müssen den jetzt auch nicht unbedingt mit allen Mitteln suchen wenn Lwis das offensichtlich nicht möchte. Was ich gut verstehen kann.

LOLBETAWHITEKNIGHT!
21.08.2014 21:17:24  Zum letzten Beitrag
TheRealHawk

Geh kacken Breites Grinsen

Rekord: Google bearbeitet täglich mehr als 1 Million Löschanfragen
21.08.2014 21:19:16  Zum letzten Beitrag
Abtei*

AUP Abtei* 11.06.2012
verschmitzt lachen
Und das von unserem trigger sjw...

#shediedwithme
21.08.2014 21:19:17  Zum letzten Beitrag
Oli

AUP Oli 21.12.2018

Zitat von Lwis

Text

Wirklich mal was Sinnvolles, außer dem rant über die Strafen in Deutschland. Komisch, dass du hier im Forum häufig ganz andere Standpunkte vertrittst als in dem Post.
21.08.2014 21:31:01  Zum letzten Beitrag
NTGhost

AUP Netghost 26.11.2007

Zitat von Oli

Zitat von Lwis

Text

Wirklich mal was Sinnvolles, außer dem rant über die Strafen in Deutschland. Komisch, dass du hier im Forum häufig ganz andere Standpunkte vertrittst als in dem Post.

Wahrscheinlich weil ihm dann dieser Fakt wieder entfällt und er einfach nur wieder HASS schiebt. fröhlich^
21.08.2014 21:35:34  Zum letzten Beitrag
Lwis

AUP Lwis 20.06.2014

Zitat von Oli

Komisch, dass du hier im Forum häufig ganz andere Standpunkte vertrittst als in dem Post.

Kannst du mir da Beispiele geben? Ich halte mich da eigentlich für relativ konsequent.
[Dieser Beitrag wurde 1 mal editiert; zum letzten Mal von Lwis am 21.08.2014 21:53]
21.08.2014 21:52:54  Zum letzten Beitrag
Carlos Hathcock

carlos

Zitat von csde_rats

es ist ja vollkommen ausgeschlossen, dass man jemanden X mal trifft und das überlebt.

Es sind auch schon Täter mit 20 bis 30 Treffern noch handlungsfähig gewesen. Häufig sind dabei Drogen im Spiel, manchmal aber auch nur Adrenalin, Überlebenswille und/oder Agressivität.

Wirklich sicher ist es erst, wenn der andere zu Boden geschossen ist.

Ob das aber immer notwendig ist, sei dahingestellt. Vermutlich will das kaum ein Cop da drüben experimentell herausfinden.
21.08.2014 22:44:49  Zum letzten Beitrag
Rufus

AUP Rufus 12.02.2008
verschmitzt lachen

Zitat von Lwis

Ach, soviel <3 und "toll" und *squirt* wie du jetzt bekommen wirst, halte ich einfach der Quote halber mal dagegen und sage: Fick dich!
[Dieser Beitrag wurde 1 mal editiert; zum letzten Mal von Rufus am 22.08.2014 0:01]
21.08.2014 23:58:53  Zum letzten Beitrag
Lwis

AUP Lwis 20.06.2014

Zitat von Rufus

Zitat von Lwis

Ach, soviel <3 und "toll" und *squirt* wie du jetzt bekommen wirst, halte ich einfach der Quote halber mal dagegen und sage: Fick dich!

Ich find dich auch cool.
22.08.2014 0:09:14  Zum letzten Beitrag
TheRealHawk

ANZEIGE
22.08.2014 0:15:00  Zum letzten Beitrag
Underground Man

AUP Underground Man 30.09.2008

Zitat von Rufus

Zitat von Lwis

Er bekommt soviel <3 und "toll" und *squirt* weil normalerweise das Argument und nicht die Person zählt. Wenn jemand einen guten Standpunkt verteidigt und dabei Argumente benutzt, die ich nachvollziehen kann, ist es mir völlig egal, dass ich andere Argumente oder Standpunkte der selben Person gestern noch abgelehnt habe. Genauso wie ich es ablehne, Argumente einer Person für gut oder schlecht zu erachten, nur weil derjenige einen besonderen Beruf oder Titel hat. Und so sollte es im Normalfall auch sein. Außer halt in Ausnahmesituationen. Zum Beispiel, wenn Hitler posten würde. Dann würde ich alles pauschal ablehnen. Tut er aber nicht. Weil er tot ist. Und das ist auch gut so. Aber hier hat Lwis mal was gutes zu Papier gebracht und deshalb kriegt er jetzt für den Moment eine fette street credibility.
22.08.2014 0:36:47  Zum letzten Beitrag
mc.smurf

tf2_soldier.png
So langsam kommen fast schon Flüchtlingsmassen hier nach Deutschland, es wird schwierig http://www.sueddeutsche.de/bayern/fluechtlinge-in-bayern-asylbewerber-an-einem-tag-1.2098019
" "So viele an einem Tag hatten wir in den letzten Jahren noch nie": Von Mittwoch auf Donnerstag sind 319 neue Asylbewerber in Bayern angekommen - ein Rekord.
Die Zahl der täglich in Bayern neu eintreffenden Flüchtlinge steigt noch schneller als vor wenigen Wochen erwartet. Allein von Mittwoch auf Donnerstag seien im Bereich der Regierung von Oberbayern 319 neue Asylbewerber eingetroffen, sagte Sprecher Florian Schlämmer am Donnerstag auf dpa-Anfrage. "So viele an einem Tag hatten wir in den letzten Jahren noch nie."
Der Schnitt sei in den vergangenen Tagen noch einmal deutlich gestiegen. Viele Flüchtlinge aus Syrien, Eritrea und anderen Krisenländern reisen derzeit in den Fernzügen aus Italien ein."

Da muss man sich echt überlegen wie man das in Zukunft (bzw. jetzt akut) handhaben will, alleine schon aus logistischer Sicht. Inzwischen werden wohl in einigen Städten Zelte aufgebaut, weil einfach kein Platz mehr ist in den Aufnahmeunterkünften. 2015/2016 soll es zwar z.B. in Bayern neue Erstaufnahmeeinrichtigungen geben (neben Zirndorf und München, die seit längerem meistens total überbelegt sind), aber das dauert noch.
[Dieser Beitrag wurde 2 mal editiert; zum letzten Mal von mc.smurf am 22.08.2014 0:48]
22.08.2014 0:45:12  Zum letzten Beitrag
TheRealHawk

Ist das jetzt Sarkasmus oder bist du doof?
22.08.2014 1:00:30  Zum letzten Beitrag
mc.smurf

tf2_soldier.png
Versteh gerade nicht was du meinst, aber ich schiebs mal auf die Uhrzeit. Und ja, das Flüchtslingsproblem gibs schon länger, aber das man jetzt Zelte aufstellen muss und offensichtlich neue Höchststände an Asylbewerbern erreicht werden, ist neu. So wirklich toll das ist ja nicht.
[Dieser Beitrag wurde 1 mal editiert; zum letzten Mal von mc.smurf am 22.08.2014 1:04]
22.08.2014 1:03:27  Zum letzten Beitrag
Palim

Arctic
22.08.2014 1:04:53  Zum letzten Beitrag
(Inhalt versteckt) [ pm ] [ diesen post melden ]
TheRealHawk

http://www.spiegel.de/politik/ausland/syrien-tuerkei-meldet-eine-millionen-fluechtlinge-aus-buergerkrieg-a-976106.html
Sowas in der Richtung mein ich.
22.08.2014 1:06:23  Zum letzten Beitrag
Snowblind1911

Arctic

Zitat von mc.smurf

Versteh gerade nicht was du meinst, aber ich schiebs mal auf die Uhrzeit. Und ja, das Flüchtslingsproblem gibs schon länger, aber das man jetzt Zelte aufstellen muss und offensichtlich neue Höchststände an Asylbewerbern erreicht werden, ist neu. So wirklich toll das ist ja nicht.

TRH ist nur empört, weil jemand sagt dass große Mengen an Flüchtlingen/Asylbewerbern ein (logistisches) Problem sein könnten. Daraus zieht der Internetlinke direkt erstmal den Schluss, dass du sie am liebsten alle zurückschicken/an die Wand stellen willst.

Und es könnte ja noch viel schlimmer sein!111
22.08.2014 1:07:57  Zum letzten Beitrag
mc.smurf

tf2_soldier.png
Ok, es ist eben immer alles relativ... (man ersetze "Flüchtlingsmassen" durch ein besseres Wort). Vlt. "betrifft" mich die Sache auch eher weil solche Zelte hier jetzt ein paar Straßen weiter stehen. Prinzipiell sind die Flüchtlinge ja kein Problem, die Aufnahmeeinrichtung war schon immer da. So weit wie in der Türkei sollte es hier ja nicht kommen (und wird es auch nicht).
[Dieser Beitrag wurde 2 mal editiert; zum letzten Mal von mc.smurf am 22.08.2014 1:12]
22.08.2014 1:09:54  Zum letzten Beitrag
 Thema: pOT-News ( +++ Brechende Neuigkeiten +++ )
« vorherige 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 nächste »

mods.de - Forum » Public Offtopic » 

Hop to:  

Thread-Tags:
Mod-Aktionen:
31.08.2014 01:40:02 Atomsk hat diesen Thread geschlossen.
13.08.2014 12:45:53 Atomsk hat diesem Thread das ModTag 'news' angehängt.

| tech | impressum