Du bist nicht eingeloggt! Möglicherweise kannst du deswegen nicht alles sehen.
  (Noch kein mods.de-Account? / Passwort vergessen?)
Zur Übersichtsseite
Hallo anonymer User.
Bitte logge dich ein
oder registriere dich!
 Moderiert von: Irdorath, statixx, Teh Wizard of Aiz

Thema: Star Citizen & Squadron 42 V ( [Redacted] )
« erste « vorherige 1 ... 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 nächste » letzte »
erste ungelesene Seite | letzter Beitrag 
Expressreiskocher

AUP Expressreiskocher 07.12.2012
verschmitzt lachen
Reliant mit COncept Sale?
Endlich mal wieder paar LTI-Versicherungen kaufen. \o/

¤: Achja, Vanguard:
[Dieser Beitrag wurde 1 mal editiert; zum letzten Mal von Expressreiskocher am 26.03.2015 20:52]
26.03.2015 20:47:50  Zum letzten Beitrag
[ zitieren ] [ pm ] [ diesen post melden ]
DJDeath

djdeath
etwas für sehr schlecht befinden
/o\
26.03.2015 20:52:32  Zum letzten Beitrag
Expressreiskocher

Ich melte aber dafür einiges, dank der Info zum Reliant-Sale.
Da die AVenger wohl eh noch ewig und drei Tage nicht kommen werden werd ich dann einfach LTIs bunkern und CCUs machen.
26.03.2015 20:57:35  Zum letzten Beitrag
DJDeath

djdeath
Ich glaube ich mach einfach erst mal gar nichts mehr.Breites Grinsen
26.03.2015 21:07:47  Zum letzten Beitrag
Expressreiskocher

AtV, wer so wenig Bock hat zu gucken wie ich:

Around the ‘Verse Episode 37

– 1.1 was released. Big patch for SC – another flyable ship, REC, lots of stuff. Asking that all backers re-install SC for 1.1
– 1.1 manual and retaliator brochure published – they get lost in the shuffle of the new build, but there’s a new AC manual everytime there’s a major patch.
– Server increase – so many people trying to play that it’s broken the servers, which is actaully great news.
– Great feedback and working on the next patch – 1.1a (some debate over what different versions are being called. There’ll be an official scheme soon)
– Retaliator is hangar-ready, and is on sale, and will be flyable for 2.0
– Gladius is flyable – Looks great, new damage system is in effect.
– Star Citizen is on Instagram. Behind the scenes photos and stuff. @robertsspaceind

News from Around the ‘Verse

Santa Monica
– Darian Vorlick and Tech Designer Matt Sherman
– Three items to address. First: They’re aware of the Aurora mount discrepancy. With the hardpoint cleanup that went into 1.0.3, there were some discrepancies introduced to the Aurora, but that’ll be cleaned up to bring it back in line to what a starter ships loadout would be.
– Second: A few ships entering concept stage: Endeavour, Crucible, progress on the Genesis Starliner, and more cool ships from the stretch goals in the pipeline now.
– Third: Now working on getting the Constellation flight-ready. Working hard to get it ready, flyable in the near future. Still being redesigned, but once that’s done, it’ll be ready.

Illfonic
– David Langeliers, Chuck Brungardt, and Travis Day
– Knocking out lots of bugs this week for FPS: Rendering issues on Gold Horizon station, which was an issue with how .pak files were compressed. There was a physics issue – collision bugs, where if framerate drops, you can pass through objects, so that’s been closed out.
– Lots of focus on breathing systems, as you sprint and wear down stamina, you breathe harder, so it’s harder to aim and such. It’s not there yet, doesn’t feel right, so there’ve been lots of focus on that.
– Zero-G system, if you come flying at an object and clip the object with your right shoulder, they want your character to react to that kind of physics hit. Original idea was to use ragdoll, blend between that and animations, but it has big issues between ragdoll and an articulated entity.
– Instead, they’re going to use something that Chris Roberts came up with himself, they’ll just use the articulated entity, and have that entity be physics controlled, rather than animation controlled
– When you get an impact on your right shoulder, you’re now bound by physics, so you get hit, and then you blend back into physics reactions. They’re calling the system – Articulated Entity something something system – or Aegis. Travis wants it to be called Aegis.

Austin
– Jake Ross and …Skelton of Mark, Circus Clown
– Art related things for the PU
– Lots of work with Behaviour on Terra and Nyx. Nyx is the mining colony, out in the middle of nowhere, Nyx system, Delamar planet.
– Finished with the whitebox for Nyx, lots of things to see. huge chasm that’s been mined for years, so details of that are being worked out, interiors are cool, lots of exposed rock, melting ice and the like. Scum and villainy live there.
– Also working on Terra extensively. It’s huge. One of the hubs of the human accomplishments. One of the higher-end hubs in the game. Expanding on it. Monorails, places to see, giant spaceports, etc…

CIG UK
– John Crew Senior Tech Designer and Simon Vickers
– They’re looking at the Argo (Idris utility ship), art coming for it and some design problems to solve. It carries cargo, which sits under the back of the ship, which blocks certain thruster areas. And two engines are on the landing gear, and they’re at the top, so when you want to go down to land, that’s fine, but when you want to lift off, there’re no thrusters, cause that’s where the cargo is. They’re having to look at interesting ways to balance that out.
– Also helping Illfonic balance weapons for FPS release. They’re all in, they all work, just trying to find the blend between full simulation and fun, which is an iterative process.
– Also looking at the looting mechanic. Kill someone, take stuff off their bodies. As everything wants to be immersive, they’re working on things being in-world. Selecting stuff from a body, you can still look around, still react to incoming threats.
BUGSMASHERS
– Mark is retiring. He got warheads. His heads’ going to explode, because that’s what happens.
– This weeks bug is a mass bug. Ship showing 24000 mass, which is a problem, because in the XML it should be 13,500. And that’s the ship without items.
– One model has everything, another model has variants. What’s supposed to happen is – Mass is supposed to be specified with each ‘animated’ variant.
– Added a new function to ‘share’ the Mass amongst all the variants.
– Also, shield proxies were inside the ships, and had mass, but they’re not supposed to.
– Get rid of those two issues, and ships’ll have correct mass.

MVP
– Walter – The CCU and upgrade system – the diagram. Explains the CCU system.
– Organization is Grim Reapers this week. Goes around the ‘Verse helping people, killing pirates.
Artists discussing the Vanguard
– Gurmukh and Lance Powell, talking about the Vanguard
– Combat capabilities: it’s a deep-space fighter. Meant to fly systems away, to hunt down Vanduul.
– Can be used in a fleet or by itself. As it’s a long range fighter, it’s got really large fuel tanks. so it can be first to the fight.
– When it gets there, it packs a big punch, and can take some damage while doing that.
– Vanguard, as a heavy fighter, is meant to take a lot of punches and still be able to fly home. It sticks around so it can cause as much damage as possible.
– Inspiration behind the Vanguard was – the P-38 Lightning, a WWII ship that travelled long distances. Traded maneuverability to fly long distances. Fuel tanks and armour weigh it down.
– Major differences between the Hornet and the Lightning are its fuel tanks. Large fuel tanks and large engine nacelles speak to the long distance travel.
– For a hornet or a lightning, you’ll have to refuel on a carrier, you won’t be able to take off from a land base and go a star-system away. You’re going to have to stop, refuel, and then continue. With the Vanguard, you can just go straight there.
– Further inspiration was drawn from stealth ships, like the B1. Folded wings were incorporated on the Vanguard, and then other cool things like Lamborgini’s and other cool cars. Large pool of reference.
– Seeing a shift in the Aegis design. With the Retaliator and the Gladius, now that there are a few ships designed per manufacturer, there’s more understanding on what each manufacturer looks like. Digging deep on reference and key-words and what defines each company, and that’s being done with ship and weapons manufacturers.
– Aegis are a military contractor. Majority of their ships are military or militia, and their forms and materials are a bit more stealthy vs. Anvil ships, which are more boxy.
– Also talk in-house about using an auto manufacturer as a guide for how they approach ship manufacturers. When you walk into a Porsche showroom, you know what one looks like, and you know what it costs. The idea behind all manufacturers going forward is the same thing. When you walk into an Aegis showroom, you know it’s Aegis.
– It’s really good to see it happening across weapons as well, so each company has a clearly designed aesthetic and brand identity. Can recognize it just by seeing it in game.
– Modularity – The Vanguard will definitely be Modular. Potentially could design five types of nacelles or wings or cockpits etc… Not sure how far it’ll be taken, it’s not a lego ship, they have to have an identity, but some things will be swappable.
– Chris had the idea of the Bulldog – which is now the Vanguard – and he liked the P38 Lightning. The idea was to take that concept, take a few flavours of it, and that’s what the Vanguard is. Great team effort, seeing how other areas of the company got involved on the Vanguard as well.
– It’s an outstanding ship.

Interview from Ryan Archer
– Jake Ross
So Jake, what do you do here for CIG?
– I’m an associate producer. I work for Jason Hutchins, and I kind of help run the operation so to speak. More of a project manager type. I don’t physically work on anything for the game, but I make sure people are staying on schedule, I kind of act as a mediator between different parties. If somebody has a question about something another studio’s working on, I can give that answer. My job’s to be as knowledgeable as possible about the project in general, so I can answer any questions that come up. Typically, I work on art and design side of things.

You used to be an artist?
– Yeah, I loosely use that term. I found that it was not my calling. I went to school for it, and kind of went through the grad program, but found my calling was in project management and leading teams to certain goals.

- So do you feel like your art background helps you understand the artists?
– It does, yeah, you know I can relate a lot to Mark Skelton, I can help champion his work, and I can act as a mediator between the artists and the programmers as well, because I have some of that technology background as well, so, I know how the minds of artists and of programmers work, and they’re very different, but I can act as a liaison.

- So you get to work with Mark a lot?
– Yeah, Mark and I are kind of joined at the hip at times. We deal a lot with Behaviour, so he’s the art direction guy, and I translate the art direction into actual tasks.

- So how do you like working with the artists?
– I sit right next to the character team, and it’s a blast. Conversations are so goofy it’s ridiculous. Sometimes I have to just keep my head down and work and ignore the shenanigans around be, just cause I’m constantly working throughout the day, but it’s fun to be a part of that and to listen to the guys. It’s fun.

- I take it you like the vibe at the Austin studio?
- Yeah it’s great. There’s nobody here I don’t get along with. That’s pretty rare, usually there’s one or two people that get under your skin, but I don’t feel that at all here. It’s great.

- Working on SC, what have you enjoyed most?
– the thing I like the most has been working with Mark, helping to guide Behaviour to make the best environments possible. Working with Behaviour and the team here to help guide the planetside locations has been really cool, watching it from the beginning all the way through, arc corp and terra and nyx, it’s really cool to see those come to fruition.

What’s the thing you’re looking forward to most?
– Part of my education, I started in Architecture, so seeing the development of the architectural styles we’ll see in the PU, right now we’re working with a contractor on the ‘monumentalism’ architectural style, which is kind of Jedi Temple, big pillars and form over function, huge and monumental, so developing those styles and seeing them come from an idea and Mark translating it and seeing the work being done, I’m enjoying seeing the different styles come into play. And we’re supposed to have a ton of different architectural themes and styles in the PU, so they’ve got to be developed, so seeing those come to life is what I’m most excited for.

- I feel like what I’ve seen as a trend with this game, we go into so much detail into the background, do you see that too?
– Yeah, Dave Haddock and the writing team in LA, and Behaviour as well, establishing a timeline for the styles that’re coming on line, and saying, during this period, this style was really popular, but then it shifted towards, like in real life you see that, and that’s kind of what Chris is wanting. Being able to pin down, if I walk into this area, I can tell that it’s older. Terra’s a good example. We have the Tower, which is very modern, kind of an Elysium feel, modernism’s what we call it, but if you go down to the Blocks it’s more streamlined, and you can tell, I know this was built a long time ago, it has a different feel than the tower. So yeah, I think that’s a huge part of the game, kind of reflecting different styles in real life.

- It’s like a story in and of itself.
- Yeah, it’s really cool to see.

- – Do you have a favourite ship?
- I like the M50 right now, cause of the speed and the sleekness, and the Top Gear spinoff commercial was too good. I think I’m most excited about the Herald right now, the super fast info running career is really intriguing.

Free Fly week for the Gladius
– Starting tomorrow.
Vanguard on sale tomorrow
– Very cool ship, lots of info tomorrow.
Info on gamescom and citizencon tickets soon
– coming soon.

New Corporate site.
- If you’re looking for a job with CIG, take a look there.

Sneak Peek (see above)
– What’s that Spaceship?! (Pokemon style)
– Vanguard. It’s a Vanguard.

[Dieser Beitrag wurde 2 mal editiert; zum letzten Mal von Expressreiskocher am 26.03.2015 21:14]
26.03.2015 21:09:39  Zum letzten Beitrag
Noch_ein_Kamel

Guerilla
Bugsmashers ist aber auch immer nur das gleiche.

Look, the XML file is not correct.
26.03.2015 21:15:28  Zum letzten Beitrag
Psyke23

Psyke 12.07.2023

Zitat von Ruckus

Ziemlich viele Vanguard-Bilder (und Animationen) dieses Mal in AtV

Da hätte mir der Su-47 Verschnitt aber weitaus besser gefallen. :/
26.03.2015 21:16:08  Zum letzten Beitrag
Atomsk

Atomsk
Pfeil
was sind eigentlich roms?
26.03.2015 21:18:23  Zum letzten Beitrag
Raptor][6

Leet
bevor die was neues verticken, sollen die erstmal garantieren, dass überhaupt irgendwer zocken kann...
26.03.2015 21:20:45  Zum letzten Beitrag
Glätteisen

AUP Glätteisen 15.02.2012
Was hat ein Concept-Sale mit der Serverstabilität zu tun?
26.03.2015 21:24:06  Zum letzten Beitrag
Expressreiskocher

verschmitzt lachen
Sehr gut, die Vanguard wird durch die Bank doof gefunden.
Also kauf ich das Ding genau wie die Redeemer und erfreue mich der Entwicklung.

¤: DJ übrigens auch, er weiß es nur noch nicht.
[Dieser Beitrag wurde 1 mal editiert; zum letzten Mal von Expressreiskocher am 26.03.2015 21:24]
26.03.2015 21:24:26  Zum letzten Beitrag
Expressreiskocher

Zitat von Atomsk

was sind eigentlich roms?

Die REkt REC-Käufe.
26.03.2015 21:25:27  Zum letzten Beitrag
Atomsk

Atomsk
Pfeil
ah, ok.

bleibt die spalte meines inventars also leer Breites Grinsen
26.03.2015 21:33:02  Zum letzten Beitrag
Glätteisen

Ich hab schon überlegt mal Waffen für die Avenger-Flügel zu holen.
Die installierten Waffen sind kompletter Bullshit.
26.03.2015 21:33:48  Zum letzten Beitrag
DJDeath

djdeath
Meinst du die Bulldogs?
26.03.2015 21:34:38  Zum letzten Beitrag
Expressreiskocher

Nein, die Suckerpunch.
26.03.2015 21:36:04  Zum letzten Beitrag
DJDeath

djdeath
Mittlerweile sind doch Bulldogs drauf, wenn ich mich nicht irre.
26.03.2015 21:37:32  Zum letzten Beitrag
Expressreiskocher

Okay, bisher nicht beachtet - andere Schiffe machen im AC mehr Spaß. :/
26.03.2015 21:38:18  Zum letzten Beitrag
DJDeath

djdeath
Der streikende Tiger ist halt kacka.
26.03.2015 21:38:58  Zum letzten Beitrag
Glätteisen

Zitat von DJDeath

Meinst du die Bulldogs?

Ja.
Die Tigerstreik geht eigentlich.
Aber ich habe ja auch keine Vergleichswerte...nur Tigerstreik vs. Bulldogs.
26.03.2015 21:45:33  Zum letzten Beitrag
DJDeath

djdeath
Ich finde die Bulldogs eigentlich ganz OK. Keine Ahnung ob außer den Omni 3 schon was besseres mit S1 existiert.
26.03.2015 21:47:13  Zum letzten Beitrag
Glätteisen

Dann werd ich die mal ausprobieren bei Zeiten.
26.03.2015 21:50:14  Zum letzten Beitrag
Karai

AUP Karai 18.01.2015
Ich würde dir nen paar Waffen spendieren wenn ich sie rausrupfen könnte. traurig
26.03.2015 21:54:13  Zum letzten Beitrag
Karai

AUP Karai 18.01.2015

1) CIG puts out a poll asking what ship people want for phase 4
2) People vote for long range fighter
3) CIG creates the long range fighter people asked for, and make it so it can actually win a fight.
4) All of a sudden CIG can no longer be trusted.

Makes sense to me.

Breites Grinsen
[Dieser Beitrag wurde 2 mal editiert; zum letzten Mal von Karai am 26.03.2015 22:18]
26.03.2015 22:12:57  Zum letzten Beitrag
Glätteisen

Sieht so schon gut aus, aber die Kombination aus Redeemer und heutigem Jagdbomber ist so stark, dass sie dadurch schon wieder uninteressant wirkt.
26.03.2015 22:42:23  Zum letzten Beitrag
krang

AUP krang 09.01.2008
Pfeil

Zitat von DJDeath

Ich finde die Bulldogs eigentlich ganz OK. Keine Ahnung ob außer den Omni 3 schon was besseres mit S1 existiert.

Omni 4 passen da ja glaub nich? Die find ich nämliche knorke. Suckerpunch geht aber auch. Muss mal überlegen, ob ich net mal n bisschen an der Mustang Delta rumschrauben mag. Bzw an den S1 der aktuellen Cutlass.
27.03.2015 9:39:58  Zum letzten Beitrag
Glätteisen

Omni 4 ist Size 2.
27.03.2015 9:40:53  Zum letzten Beitrag
krang

AUP krang 09.01.2008

Zitat von Glätteisen

Omni 4 ist Size 2.

Wusst ichs doch.
/e: Ich glaub, ich würde aber auch gefühlt lieber ne Omni 3 als die Distortion Suckerpunch nehmen.
[Dieser Beitrag wurde 1 mal editiert; zum letzten Mal von krang am 27.03.2015 9:48]
27.03.2015 9:41:48  Zum letzten Beitrag
Lunovis

AUP Lunovis 27.11.2007

Zitat von Glätteisen

Sieht so schon gut aus, aber die Kombination aus Redeemer und heutigem Jagdbomber ist so stark, dass sie dadurch schon wieder uninteressant wirkt.

Ich warte ja noch auf das definitive loadout, aber rein optisch ist es halt der nächste zweisitzer mit cl5 turret. Ich denke, viele haben eher sowas wie die superhornet mit noch ein bisschen mehr bums und triebwerk erwartet. Plus ein schönes design.
27.03.2015 12:24:47  Zum letzten Beitrag
krang

AUP krang 09.01.2008
Frage

Zitat von Lunovis

Ich warte ja noch auf das definitive loadout, aber rein optisch ist es halt der nächste zweisitzer mit cl5 turret.

Laderaum wie ne Cutlass? Weil DANN würde ich das Teil schon sinnvoll und minimal chicer finden. Ansonsten bleib ich bei meiner geliebten blue.
27.03.2015 13:02:13  Zum letzten Beitrag
 Thema: Star Citizen & Squadron 42 V ( [Redacted] )
« erste « vorherige 1 ... 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 nächste » letzte »

mods.de - Forum » Public Offtopic » 

Hop to:  

Thread-Tags:
Mod-Aktionen:
07.04.2015 09:42:37 Atomsk hat diesen Thread geschlossen.
05.01.2015 12:34:23 Atomsk hat diesem Thread das ModTag 'starcitizen' angehängt.

| tech | impressum